Help on Cancellations & Refunds
You have up to 14 days after receipt of the goods to change your mind and cancel the order. This can be for any reason. For up to 30 days (after receipt or collection) you can return the item if it is faulty for a refund or replacement. You can also cancel the order if the delivery does not arrive within the agreed times, see Help with Delivery for these timings. In order to make a successful cancellation the follow these steps;
1) Inform us of your wish to cancel within 14 days of receipt of the goods if the item is not faulty and by 30 days if it is.
2) Inform us in writing. Feel free to ring us first if you need to discuss this but once you have decided to cancel you can do so via the Cancellation Form on your Order History on this website or by sending us an email, fax or letter. If not using the Cancellation form in order to ensure a speedy service please mark the correspondence with CANCEL ORDER and your order number.
3) Return the goods to us within 14 days of the cancellation notice. See How to Return below.
4) If you are cancelling due to damage or incorrect supply please inform us as part of your cancellation so that we can check the received goods for these issues or we may ask you for photographic evidence of the damage and not reqire the return of the goods. Not warning us in advance may impact the value of your refund.
5) The goods must be returned in resaleable condition. See Refunds below for consequences of not following this.
6) We recommend keeping proof of posting because if the goods do not arrive with us then this proof is your legal right to complete your refund.
Reasons that cancellation can’t be accepted.
1) Certain items can’t be cancelled for sensible reasons like hygiene or if they have been made to order. This information will always be stated on the product page at the time of order so if you aren’t certain check the page or contact us.
2) If the goods don’t arrive back with us and you have no proof of despatch we can’t cancel the order and refund.
3) If the reason for cancellation is that goods did not arrive in the agreed times but a) the address supplied was incorrect, b) there was no one to receive the delivery or re-delivery or collection was not made with the delivery agent, c) The delivery was made by a customer arranged service or person.
Within the UK once contacted about your cancellation we will reply with a pre-paid returns label by email. You will need access to a printer to print this and use it. Please wrap the goods securely and include a copy of the packing list and the reason for return. The goods will then need to be taken to the despatch provider (your nearest Post Office or Parcelshop). If the goods are impractical to post please contact us to arrange for a collection. Collection costs above our freepost service cost may be charged to the customer unless the item is faulty or not as ordered. Please see the Postage Refunds section below for exclusions to the Freepost Returns system.
Outside of the UK the customer is responsible for the return of goods both practically and financially.
For the sake of clarity the address is; Web Returns Department, 1-4 Broad Street, Oxford, United Kingdom. OX1 3AG.
Any purchase can also be hand delivered to the Click & Collection desk at the Boswells Store. Please include a copy of our cancellation notice acceptance email with your return. If there is no paperwork included you will be asked to complete a cancellation form for you to retain your legal rights. Please note the refund will still be completed later by the web team and confirmed by email.
If you are returning and cancelling the order at the same time to the store a cancellation form will need to be completed by you. This is a legal requirement of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 for all parties to retain their rights.
We don’t complete the charge on your chosen payment method until the item is ready for despatch or collection. So if you cancel before this point no refund will be needed.
For goods that have been delivered and returned the goods will be checked and a refund completed as soon as possible but no later than 14 days from receipt at Boswells.
We will refund you using the same method originally used to pay for your purchase.
Outgoing postage: The maximum postage that will be refunded is the postage costs based on the current least expensive common delivery charge offered by Boswells for your region. This means that customers choosing a more expensive despatch service will receive a partial postage refund unless the delivery service did not meet its requirements.
Boswells provides a freepost returns system within the UK. Outside of the UK return is always at the customer's own cost.
Our Freepost Returns offer does not apply in the following cirumstances;
- Pre-agreed with the customer before receipt.
- The items have been ordered at customer request.
- The customer chooses to use their own return delivery method.
- The goods were misdelivered due to incorrect address information.
- The delivery address is outside of the the UK.
Collection costs above our freepost service may be charged to the customer unless the item is faulty or not as ordered.
Reasons a refund may be reduced or refused.
The product should be in resalable condition for the refund to be valid. This means that you can remove any packaging needed to ascertain that the item is what you ordered, but the item cannot be used or damaged. Seals which cannot be broken without invalidating a refund will be marked as such. Should the value of the goods be diminished on receipt at Boswells, then we will reduce the value of the refund accordingly. Severe damage may invalidate any refund.
If the reason for return is that it was received damaged with you then we need to be informed of this as part of your cancellation request and we can then bear this in mind when checking the goods.