Terms & Conditions
If you submit an order for goods via this website by clicking Pay & Confirm your order is an offer to us to buy the goods on our website. We will acknowledge receipt of your order by sending you and automatically generate email accepting the order. With this email the contract will be concluded.
The contract will relate only to those specific goods which are referred to in our acceptance email. The customer is responsible for advising of any differences to the details in the email to their expectations.
Right to cancel & limitations:
Boswells unconditionally guarantees items purchased through this site unless this is explicitly stated on the product listing or with the customer prior to payment, for example items with hygiene implications would be excluded. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us within 14 days of notifying us of your cancellation. You must inform us of your wish to cancel in writing within 14 days of receipt of the goods. If the goods have not been despatched at the point of cancellation you will not be charged at all.
The product should be in resalable condition for the refund to be valid. This means that you can remove any packaging needed to ascertain that the item is what you ordered, but the item cannot be used or damaged. Seals which cannot be broken without invalidating a refund will be marked as such. Should the value of the goods be diminished on receipt at Boswells, then we will reduce the value of the refund accordingly. Severe damage may invalidate any refund.
Outgoing postage: The maximum postage that will be refunded is the postage costs based on the current least expensive common delivery charge offered by Boswells for your region. This means that customers choosing a more expensive despatch service will receive a partial postage refund unless the delivery service did not meet its requirements.
Boswells provides a freepost returns system within the UK. Outside of the UK return is always at the customer's own cost.
Our Freepost Returns offer does not apply in the following cirumstances;
- Pre-agreed with the customer before receipt.
- The items have been ordered at customer request.
- The customer chooses to use their own return delivery method.
- The goods were misdelivered due to incorrect address information.
- The delivery address is outside of the the UK.
Collection costs above our freepost service may be charged to the customer unless the item is faulty or not as ordered.
How to Cancel & How to Return:
Please see our Help on Cancellations & Refunds page.
Method & timing of refund:
We will refund you using the same method originally used to pay for your purchase. Any payments that have been taken will be refunded as soon as possible after receipt of the goods at Boswells and no later than 14 days after receipt or proof of posting.
Cancellation by Boswells:
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if, for example:
We have insufficient stock to provide the goods you have ordered.
We determine that we are unable to deliver to your location.
One or more of the goods ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or in the pricing information provided to us by our suppliers.
If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by email and refund any monies already paid as soon as possible and no later than 14 days from cancellation.
We are not responsible for delivery in the following circumstances;
If the customer makes their own delivery arrangements then Boswells liability for delivery ceases at the moment the goods are transferred to the customer’s delivery service.
If the customer specifies their own delivery choice but payment is made by Boswells then any customer refund for damages in delivery, delay or lost parcels would be dependant on Boswells receiving a refund from the customer's chosen delivery choice. Any refund would then be passed back to the customer as if Boswells own services had been used.
If there is no one available to take delivery of the products. It is the customer’s responsibility to contact the post office or courier company as applicable to arrange collection or delivery of products that could not be delivered.
If the incorrect delivery address was provided by the customer.
If the goods are delivered internationally and held by customs the customer will be contacted and is required to make arrangements for completing delivery and paying any customs charges. Boswells liability for delivery ceases when customs hold the goods unless the cause is a fault in any customs paperwork for which Boswells is at fault. See the responsibility for local taxes and duties below for further refund restrictions.
The listed times in the above link are the “agreed times” for delivery as listed in the consumer Contracts regulations 2013.
Responsibility for Local Taxes and Duties
The UK sales tax of Value Added Tax (VAT) is 20% to all products sold on this website within the EU. VAT exclusive countries are not cgharged VAT. The value of any VAT will be quoted during checkout and on your receipt. Any exempt customers within the EU should claim their costs back through the standard processes.
When we ship goods for delivery outside the United Kingdom, the recipient is liable for any local taxes or import duties that may be payable. Boswells can take no responsibility for this and if the goods are returned due to unpaid tax the product cost alone will be refunded as the delivery was completed. If there is a charge for the return of the goods to Boswells then this cost will be deducted from the product refund. Therefore if the cost of the return is higher than the product value the customer may be charged for the balance.
Title and Risk
The customer becomes the owner of the ordered goods when they have been delivered to you or your requester delivery contractor and we have received clear funds in gull payment for the goods. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will bot be liable for their loss or destruction.
Information displayed on this site relating to availability of products or services are subject to change by us without notice. We cannot guarantee permanent or continuous availability of any product on this site. All orders are subject to availability at all times.
We use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the process quoted on our site are correct. Information displayed on this site relating to pricing is subject to change by us without notice, but those on the site at the time of any order placed will be the prices applicable to that order.
If the correct price of the goods is higher than the price stated on our website beyond a level that we can absorb we may cancel the order. In which case we will notify of the cancellation and the revised price for the goods.
Unless stated otherwise, all prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs.
This site uses encryption and secure (SSL) servers to help ensure the privacy of any information that you provide. However, the security of information and payments transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Any losses incurred or sustained by users who transmit information by means of e-mail or other internet link shall be borne solely and exclusively by such user and in no event shall any such losses in whole or part by borne by Boswells.
Boswells may occasionally provide customers with codes or vouchers that can be entered during checkout, used at our till points or are built into external links that are used to obtain further discounts on our website. The following terms apply to these and any other offers.
Discounts or offers are only available on www.boswells.co.uk or Boswells Department store unless specifically stated to include other domains or stores as listed for the particular promotion. As standard discounts and offers are not valid on www.boswellspharmacy.co.uk.
No voucher or offer can be exchanged for cash.
Some offers may be restricted to either www.boswells.co.uk OR Boswells Deoartment Store and will not be valid in the altternative location. This will be stated in the offer.
As standard some items are excluded from all promotional discounts. This includes, but is not restricted to all Boswells Gift Cards, Prescriptions, The Change Group and goods where the cost of purchase by Boswells is less than the final advertised sales price. Boswells can change the items available for or excluded from discounts at any time and without warning.
Where a discount has a qualification purchase the quantity or value will be specified including any required products. Any value requirement will only refer to the goods value not including postage or gift-wrap services.
Some codes will have a list of available items and all other items will be excluded. Where possible we will try to make it clear which products are available, but if there is any doubt please contact our Customer Services Team.
Discounts and offers may be time limited. If a discount code or voucher is not used within the allotted time Boswells will not provide a replacement. Discount codes and vouchers can only be used at time of purchase and not retrospectively.
Discount codes cannot be used with any other voucher, coupon or offer.
Discount codes are exclusive of online postage and packaging and gift-wrapping charges.
Discount values are deducted from the Boswells Sale Price.
ALL discounts are only completed at the point of sale not at order. As the cost of goods to Boswells is often unknown at the time of order Boswells reserves the right to withdraw an item from the discount code after this information becomes available if the discounted value is less than Boswells cost of purchase. Wherever possible Boswells will agree a fair price with the customer, but if this is not possible the order will be cancelled.
Where a product is substituted in an order placed with a promotional code the replacement product must fall within the original codes product range or other terms to qualify. If it does not the standard online price and terms will be applied.
An individual promotional code may have specific terms and conditions which apply to it and will be provided to the user when the code is provided.
If items are returned that were needed to qualify for the offer or discount code then the refund will only be completed for the value of the goods minus the value of the discount applied to the whole order. If the offer was a free item then this must be returned along with the qualifying item or items. Should the returned items only be part of a qualifying purchase we reserve the right to make a judgement based on the specific circumstances of the return.
1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date, as stated above. No entry received after that time will be considered.
3. All entries shall become the property of Boswells of Oxford Ltd.
4. Boswells directors, officers, representatives, and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
5. The competition is open to all. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16.
6. The prizewinners will be decided by Boswells. Boswells will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winners. The prizewinners will need to respond within two weeks of being contacted by email; otherwise the prizes will be awarded to another correct entrant selected at random.
7. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prizes or offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
8. The prizewinners will be notified by email. If any of the selected entrants do not meet all of the contract conditions, other entrants will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
9. The competition is not open to employees of Boswells or any competition partner or their immediate families.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prizes must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. Boswells assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Boswells on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Boswells reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Boswells corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Boswells reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Boswells, 1-4 Broad St, Oxford, OX1 3AG. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
To be able to post reviews you must either have a website Login or be prepared to leave a name and email address (this will not be used except to email you your review discount reward or contact you about the review if necessary).
Your First Name will be used on the review.
Writing a review is a great way to share your experience thousands of other users. You'll appreciate there need to be a few ground rules, some are obvious, some are to save us from being sued and some are to ensure your review gets read again and again. Reviews are checked before they appear on our website. Any that don't follow these rules will be removed and will not qualify for any promotional offers we may run associated to leaving reviews.
Reviews will be visible not only to users of the Boswells Website but the content may appear on search engines and other content aggregators.
- Make your review of the product NOT the entirely the service you have received from Boswells when buying it. This can be mentioned, but the majority of the review needs to be about the product. Even though we love getting feedback, it IS a product review! If you only want to review us may we sugggest doing so on Google, Facebook, or Yelp.
- You don't have to have bought the item from us but you do need to be able to give an honest opinion, positive or negative about the product.
- Point out what you disliked or liked. Saying something is great is not as helpful as saying why you think it is great. Also because we are giving a discount reward for the review we do expect users to leave more than a simple statement or one word review. A good rule of thumb is whether you would find what you have written useful in trying to decide whether a product is right for you.
- Please use only the English language in your reviews.
- Use profanity, prejudiced language or terms of abuse.
- Repeat or make potentially libellous comments.
- Mention web addresses, emails or phone numbers.
- Post text you've not written.
- Post material that is deliberately intended to upset other users.
- Make the review entirely about Boswells or our service (as mentioned above).
- Make a one word review or short statement just to get a review discount. We won't supply it which would be a shame!
We also require reviewers to rate the item at the same time as this gives an overview of the customer opinion. Ratings guide:
- Excellent - I would recommend this without reservation.
- Really Good - I would strongly recommend this.
- Good - I would recommend this.
- Indeterminate - The Good and bad aspects combined mean this is not actively recommended.
- Bad - I would not recommend this.
Our Rate & review Emails
30 days after a purchase has been completed we will email you to see if you are interested in leaving a review. This email is included in correspondence about you order and is separate from our mailing list system. Any promotional codes provided for leaving reviews will expire between 4-5 weeks from the date of the email.
We, and other users of the site really appreciate your reviews and we look forward to reading them.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you
(a) grant Boswells of Oxford Ltd and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable rights to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media; and
(b) Boswells of Oxford Ltd and its affiliates and sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose.
You agree that the rights you grant above are irrevocable during the entire period of protection of your intellectual property rights associated with such content and material. You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such content. You agree to perform all further acts necessary to perfect any of the above rights granted by you to Boswells of Oxford Ltd, including the execution of deeds and documents, at the request of Boswells of Oxford Ltd.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that, as at the date that the content or material is submitted to Boswells of Oxford Ltd: (i) the content and material is accurate; (ii) use of the content and material you supply does not breach any applicable Boswells of Oxford Ltd policies or guidelines and will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that the content or material is not defamatory). You agree to indemnify Boswells of Oxford Ltd and its affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against Boswells of Oxford Ltd or its affiliates arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
Any agreement to host an event, made in writing between Boswells and a third party organiser and stating a mutually-agreed time and date, is considered a binding contract, subject to the following terms and conditions.
It is the organiser's responsibility to disclose in full to Boswells all details relevant to the event, and to make Boswells aware of any legal action taken, or threatened, against person, company or product related to the event, before an agreement to host the event is made. Failure to do so will be considered a breach of contract, and Boswells reserves the right to reschedule or cancel an event without prior notice until such a time as any associated legal situations have been resolved to its satisfaction.
Boswells reserves the right to reschedule or cancel an event on any of its premises, or any external venues, at any time due to a lack of reservations or any other unforeseen circumstances, at its sole discretion. Reasonable notice will be given where possible except in the most extreme cases, e.g. acts of god, event leader illness etc.
Boswells reserves the right to cancel an event with no prior notice should it believe that holding said event on its premises, or in an external venue, will adversely affect Boswells' reputation, or the health, safety and wellbeing of its employees and customers.
Boswells will reimburse in full any tickets purchased via the Boswells website or in store, but will not be liable for any costs, losses or expenses, or other effects, such as any impact on professional or personal reputation, incurred on the part of the author, publisher and/or organiser, or for any potential loss of earnings as a result of the rescheduling or cancellation.
Boswells reserves the right to remove from its premises before, during or after an event, any individual or group of individuals who we believe pose a threat to Boswells' reputation, or the health, safety and wellbeing of its employees or customers.
Boswells reserves the right to record its events and to use the resulting audio, video, images and quotations for its own purposes.
Children under the age of 14 are welcome at their parents' or guardians' discretion, and must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Boswells does not accept any responsibility for material unsuitable for a younger audience at events that are not specifically stated as for children.
Our WEEE policy can be viewed here.
Boswells of Oxford Ltd
1-4 Broad Street, Oxford, OX1 3AG
Fax: 01865 204550
Company No. 3643152
Vat No. 717 9757 84
PO BOX 29019
21 Bloomsbury Street
London WC1B 3XD
Contracts formed between Boswells and users as a result of using this site shall be governed in all respects by English law and all such users hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
All design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including Java and CGI scripts) and all other material on this Web site and its associated WAP site are copyright Boswells of Oxford Limited (“Boswells”) and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers except where specifically stated - with the exception of product designs, product information and similar material, where copyright is vested in another third party. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Permission is granted electronically to copy and to print out a hard copy of portions of this Web site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Boswells in store or online or using this site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this Web site - including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission of Boswells is strictly prohibited.
Any users entering content onto the website grants Boswells of Oxford Ltd and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable rights to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. Full terms above.
Boswells.co.uk, Boswells.com, and/or other Boswells services referred to on this Web site are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Boswells in the United Kingdom and/or other countries. Other product and company names mentioned on this Web site may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
To the fullest extent permitted at law, Boswells publishes this Web site and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no (and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this web site or the information, content, materials or products included in this site including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, Boswells does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this Web site is accurate, complete or current. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice. Except as specifically stated on this Web site, to the fullest extent permitted at law, neither Boswells nor any of its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this Web site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. For the avoidance of doubt, Boswells does not limit its liability for death or personal injury to the extent only that it arises as a result of the negligence of Boswells, its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives.
Our website may contain hyperlinks. These hyperlinks connect you to sites of other organisations which are not our responsibility. We have used our reasonable endeavours in preparing our own website and the information included in it is done so in good faith. However, we have no control over any of the information you can access via other websites. Therefore, no mention of any organisation, company or individual to which our website is linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of Boswells.
We are not responsible if you cannot access the site properly o at all because of any event outside of our contrl, for example (without limitation) the performance of your or our ISP, your browser or the internet.
This site relies in part on software to work. Whilst we will monitor the site, we cannot guarantee that the site or any individual feature of the site will be error free, available all the time and/or free from viruses. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of content.
Nothing in these terms will affect any liability we may have: (a) for fraudulent misrepresentation, (b) for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, (c) under Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987, (d) for breach of any condition as to the title or quiet enjoyment of or in relation to any goods supplied by us or (e) in relation to any other liability, including any liabilities under sale of goods or supply of services legislation, that may not by applicable law be excluded or limited.
If any part of these terms is unenforceable, the enforceability of any other art of these terms will not be affected.
Boswells reserves the right to amend and/or extend these terms and conditions from time to time. The terms and conditions stipulated above are those currently applicable.